Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat room history is disappearing on my mobile device

Lehlohonolo August 8, 2017

Good day, 

The chat hsitory in the chat rooms on the mobile app disappears after closing it. I'm using Hipchat on iOS. 

Is there setting I can change for the app to keep the same history as the desktop app?

1 answer

0 votes
eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

Hi there.

History in chat rooms are consistent across any HipChat app since messages are stored on Cloud. Have you tried returning to the lobby on your iOS app and opening the room again?

If your HipChat group decides to "Store no history", then you will not see any messages on your HipChat client when you rejoin the room or restarting the app.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks.
Edwin

Lehlohonolo August 11, 2017

thank you for the prompt feedback. 

How do I change the "Store no history" setting on my group?

eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

If you're group admin of your group, you will have "Group admin" button at the top of your home page, then select "Preferences" > "History Retention" settings.

If you're still having issues seeing messages on your iOS client, reach out to support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and send a couple of screenshots on what you're seeing on your iOS client. Our support engineer will be able to assist you promptly on the case.

Thanks.
Edwin 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events