Chat Room creation

I want to create one Chat room and I don't have option to Create one. I did go thoguh some of the artical and it's mentioned Click on "Create Room" in left side Panel. But I am not finding this option.

1 answer

Hi Balaji,

Can you indicate the steps you are following to create the room? On Mac, you can:

• Click Room menu and select Create Room
  • Click Team name in top left and then in the screen with all the rooms, you should see Create Room in the top right.

Are you sure your admin hasn't disabled this feature for users? See https://confluence.atlassian.com/hc/roles-and-permissions-732400364.html specifically:

By default, people with the user role can do the following:

• Chat in open chat rooms (and be invited to chat in private rooms)
  • Read and send messages
  • Download files  
  • Search the history of all open rooms and any private rooms they are members of
  • Create an API v2 personal token

As long as the administrator hasn't disabled these features, they can also do the following:

• Participate in private 1-1 chats 
  • Invite other users to join 
  • Create chat rooms
  • Update their own user profile 
  • Delete their own messages 
  • Chat over video 

Thanks,

Marlon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

116 views 3 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you