Changing my email in id.atlassian.com broke my hipchat account login

I created a HipChat account with my email address <omitted>, joined the appropriate existing team, and then through the hipchat-profile navigated to id.atlassian.com, changed my email address and now i can't log in to HipChat with that account.

i have two other accounts which are not linked to the new team i want to connect to. 

<omitted>

<omitted>

1 answer

0 votes
Edwin Ho Atlassian Team Jun 28, 2016

Hey Carlos. By right, you should be able to sign in to HipChat with the new email address you set in your Atlassian account (id.atlassian.com) , which would reflect to your current HipChat account.

Reach out to support at support.atlassian.com , let us know the old and new email of the account so that we can check for you. Also, let us know the other two accounts you wanted to connect to the new team.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

510 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you