Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use Hipchat Video on a non internet connected network?

Toby Wilkins July 12, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: System Requirements for HipChat Server

Hello,

I am an architect designing an IT environment for a customer that is completely offline from the internet, on a closed network. My question is, Will I be able to deploy a HipChat server and make use of all the video communication options of HipChat on my environment, with the out the internet?

Thanks,

Toby.

1 answer

1 vote
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2016

Hi Toby,

Video service requires internet access from the HipChat clients.

We're evaluating integrations for fully customer-premise AV with HipChat Server. Do you have a favorite on-premise video platform?

Toby Wilkins July 15, 2016

Thank you for the reply. What I am basically after is an on premise version of google hangouts that is purely browser based.

Thanks,

Toby

wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2016

Ok, stay tuned smile

Teerace August 8, 2016

We are in the same boat! No internet access and purchased HipChat before we realized HipChat "Server" wasn't a total an on premise solution. We are looking into Skype for Business as an alternative unless HipChat can come up with something else FAST!

Johan Ferner December 16, 2016

Hello Atlassians!

Any update on this?

wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2016

We're not supporting Jitsi Meet with HipChat Server or Data Center at this time but acknowledge that this is a common ask. 

For the hackers out there:

https://jitsi.org/Projects/JitsiMeet

And on the HCS command line: hipchat video

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events