Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select "Paid via Vendor" as payment model for new HipChat integration

John Reese September 7, 2016

I'm trying to submit a new HipChat integration to be included in the Marketplace. To do anything useful, our plugin requires a subscription to our service. The documentation says I should label this plugin as "Paid via Vendor" but the only option I can select is "Free".

Are there requirements that must be met in order to use "Paid via Vendor"? Would it be okay to submit this plugin as "free" as long as I make it clear that the addon requires an outside subscription?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Parrish _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2016

Are there requirements that must be met in order to use "Paid via Vendor"? Would it be okay to submit this plugin as "free" as long as I make it clear that the addon requires an outside subscription?

Atlassian Marketplace doesn't allow the "Paid via Vendor" model for Connect add-ons. So you've got it exactly right - you should list your plugin as free and mention prominently in the "More details" section that it requires an external subscription. Bonus points for including a signup link for said subscription. smile

cole February 8, 2020

This is a pretty big deal. Why doesn't the Pricing, payment, and billing documentation explicitly say that Connect apps can't be Paid via Vendor?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events