Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see "create room" button on HipChat

Jeffry Roxas January 18, 2016

I want to create a new room with existing HipChat accounts and I can't find the create room button. I don't know if it has something to do with my account being basic.

7 answers

1 vote
Sabrina
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2016

Jeffry,

You didn't say whether you're a HipChat admin. If you're not, it's possible that your HipChat admin is only allowing admins to create rooms. If that's the case, you won't see the Create a room link below the rooms and the Create New Room menu item under the ... menu will be grayed out.

1 vote
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2016

image2016-1-19 14:54:57.png

Or you can use the "Create a room" link in the left sidebar below the list of the rooms.

1 vote
Conor
Atlassian Team
January 18, 2016

Jeffry,

The "Create New Room ..." entry is in the "..." menu at the top right of the web app

HipChat 2016-01-19 10-40-15.png

0 votes
Ralf Longwitz June 29, 2016

I just installed HipChat on my phone and am on the web client now. I see no option to create a room. There is no sidebar nor a "..." menu. Can you explain in more detail, please, how to create a room? Thanks!

EDIT: I now found a link to the WebApp under "Home". So this is where I'd need to go? Oh yes, after a couple of attempts, the app actually opened and I was able to create a room.

0 votes
Jeffry Roxas January 19, 2016

Yeah I when I got the screenshot and saw that the option is graded out I figured that I need to ask permission to create a room. It's all clear now! Thank you for all your help!

0 votes
Jeffry Roxas January 18, 2016

Client? You mean if I'm using the app? I'm on the web app. I don't have HipChat installed.

0 votes
Mick Wilson
Atlassian Team
January 18, 2016

Can you tell us what client you're currently using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events