Can't login to HipChat client on my Mac

Hi, 

I have been able to login to HipChat client on my Mac forever but just today when I tried to login again I got the following error: 

Confirm account access

Please correct the error below.

• Named OAuthClient not found: com.atlassian.hipchat.osx-clients

Unknown will be given limited access to your HipChat group and rooms and will be able to perform the following on your behalf:

• Administer Room - Perform room administrative tasks
  • Manage Rooms - Create, update, and remove rooms
  • Send Message - Send private one-on-one messages
  • View Group - View users, rooms, and other group information
  • View Messages - View messages from chat rooms and private chats you have access to
  • View Room - View room information and participants, but not history

I have tried to login to the web version of HipChat and it works fine. I am also on the iOS version and login just fine. 

Please advise. 

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
David Maye Atlassian Team Mar 15, 2016

Hi Esfandiar,

We had an outage today which has cleared as of 5:30pm CST (you can check out the status page here: status.hipchat.com) If you're still having the issue, please contact HipChat support: support.atlassian.com.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

Hi David

Thank you for the confirmation. I found out about the outage from a few other posts and users on HipChat. 

I appreciate the link you provided. I will be checking the status page before posting anything in the future smile 

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

255 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you