Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can people be sorted by newest message?

Martin Kool November 15, 2016

It's incredibly hard to find out which chats have new message when you have chats open with a considerable amount of people. It would help immensely if chats with people (and rooms) could be sorted by latest message. It's very common for messaging apps to use this order and helps find chats that need action easily.

Is there currently a way to do this, and if not, is this anywhere on the roadmap?

1 answer

1 vote
M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2016

Hey Martin, thanks for reaching out!

Currently there is not a way to sort the rooms or 1-1 chats by 'newest'. As for understanding which chat rooms/1-1s have new/unread messages I would ask you to put a ticket in w/ our support team as we may have a way to help with that!

HipChat Support Portal

Martin Kool November 16, 2016

That's too bad. I can actually see which chats have new messages so I'm good on that front. It's just that it's very inconvenient to have to look for these 'new' labels in a large list of chats.

To remedy it I keep closing all my chats just so I can more easily see one pop up with a new message.

M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2016

Got it, we appreciate the feedback and I'll make sure it gets routed to the appropriate team for decision making on features/functionality. 

Thank for reaching out, have a great day!

Dave Barr December 6, 2016

+1 on this request.

My team really likes the rooms and integration with other tools but for 1:1 conversations being able to sort by most recent is a very basic use and it's turning people off using the tool. 

Morgen Peschke September 16, 2019

+1 on this request as well.

This continues to be a major usability issue, as it is all too easy to accidentally end up marking a notification as "read", then having to manually page through all the open chats until you find the one you're looking for.

Likewise, if someone asks you a question in one of the non-1:1 rooms, and it takes a few minutes to find, locating the correct room to respond in is a bug headache.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events