Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my custom slash command replace the original message?

colemangrill22 June 27, 2016

I am trying to write a slash command which suggests a synonym based on the word supplied. For example:

/word awesome! -> zerocool!

I have discovered that you can send back an s/ command, however, I don't think I can escape the /word aspect of it. So is there a way through the API that I can achieve the goal of replacing the slash command with my result message? Either that or not allowing the original slash command to show up in the room chat?

Thanks for your help! I've looked around but haven't been able to find any documentation on this particular thing.

1 answer

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2016

Hi Josh, unfortunately it is not possible.  We do not allow changing of existing messages trough API. The only way to do it is to manually type s/ command . Add-on sending a "s/" message would not work (we explicitly restrict messages sent from addons to execute any commands) .

Deleted user June 8, 2018

Is this still the case? I'm trying to write a syntax-highlighter api that would return html with the code highlighted given the language selected: /syntax ruby puts "hello world!"

Right now, if everything is the same, I would end up with the user sending a message and then SyntaxHiliter responding with the html (or err message). 

Ideally, I would love to see /code expanded 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events