Can i turn off link preview in hipchat?

gorangudinge December 2, 2015

It ruins the overview (clutters the view) and takes focus from my post. Can I remove the link preview somehow?

4 answers

0 votes
andzno1 November 22, 2017

You can also disable them as a normal User:

1. Click on your profile avatar in the top right corner
  2. Click on 'Settings'
  3. Check 'Hide inline previews by default'
0 votes
Greg Donovan October 25, 2016

What if there is no admin/features link?

I click on 'Group admin' and there is no 'Features' link.

Where did the link preview setting go?

Dugald Morrow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2016

The 'Features' link has been renamed to 'Preferences' - I've updated my previous response.

Greg Donovan October 25, 2016

Thank you!

0 votes
Dugald Morrow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2015

Yes you can disable link responses if you are a group administrator. Here's how to do it:

1. Log in to HipChat
  2. Click on the ‘Group admin’ link in the top blue toolbar.
  3. Click the ‘Preferences’ link.
  4. For the ‘Are link responses enabled?’ section, select no and then click the ‘Save’ button.
Dugald Morrow
Atlassian Team
October 25, 2016

Note that the 'Preferences' link used to be labelled 'Features'. The above response was edited so it reflects the current user interface.

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2015

Yes, you can can disable links for your group through the Features tab in the administration pages, e.g. https://hipchat.com/admin/features

Set Are link responses enabled? to No, and Save.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events