Can I notify a specific hipchat room once a component has been changed/added to a Jira issue?

I am  trying to get a specific room within HipChat to be notified once I change the component of a ticket or is that not possible? 

1 answer

Hello Jeremy,

I think that is not possible. :/ The integration between JIRA and HipChat only have four options to send a message to the room:

support.PNG

I try some workaround but they did not work. I tryed:

With email

The only way I know to do it is using a bad workaround (quick fix):

1. JIRA Service Desk send email when a issue is updated.
    example.PNG
  2. So you could create a rule on your email based on text in the body
    outlook.PNG
  3. And using this to view. But it's not a good solution.

The problem is the solution can't see when you change the component and when you put the component for the first time.

With automation

I created a lot of automation based on component. IF component is Y THEN create a internal comment with Y has changed

So at the HipChat Integration I put a filter to comment ~ "Y has changed" and the I mark Someone leaves a comment

But the problem is that you need created a lot of IF/THEN and also you need created one integration for one component. :/

Sorry, I don't figured it out one way to solved your problem.  

You are right, there is no easy way to send notification to a HC room when component changes.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

68 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you