Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I notify a specific hipchat room once a component has been changed/added to a Jira issue?

Jeremy Price May 19, 2016

I am  trying to get a specific room within HipChat to be notified once I change the component of a ticket or is that not possible? 

1 answer

2 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

Hello Jeremy,

I think that is not possible. :/ The integration between JIRA and HipChat only have four options to send a message to the room:

support.PNG

I try some workaround but they did not work. I tryed:

With email

The only way I know to do it is using a bad workaround (quick fix):

1. JIRA Service Desk send email when a issue is updated.
    example.PNG
  2. So you could create a rule on your email based on text in the body
    outlook.PNG
  3. And using this to view. But it's not a good solution.

The problem is the solution can't see when you change the component and when you put the component for the first time.

With automation

I created a lot of automation based on component. IF component is Y THEN create a internal comment with Y has changed

So at the HipChat Integration I put a filter to comment ~ "Y has changed" and the I mark Someone leaves a comment

But the problem is that you need created a lot of IF/THEN and also you need created one integration for one component. :/

Sorry, I don't figured it out one way to solved your problem.  

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2016

You are right, there is no easy way to send notification to a HC room when component changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events