Can I create a room in hipchat, where i will be notified by @mention from Jira comments and confluence?

DionP March 10, 2016

I want a single source for all my mention without relying on email.

2 answers

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2016

Hi Dion,

Peter is right, it is not possible right now. We are actually looking into possibility of doing something like that but it is a longer term goal.

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi Dion,

I don't think it is possible. I was researching something similar a couple of month ago.

Why do you want to have @mention?

If you are logged in it won't make any difference - if you need more visibility you can change the notification settings of this  room to be loud.
If you are not logged it @mention will send you email, but you can simply configure JIRA to send you email when something is commented.

I hope this helps. Cheers,

Peter T

DionP March 11, 2016

We get tons of emails, so i wanted a room where i can focus on what is needed, 
when someone mentions me from JIRA and Confluence 

Simon Wilkinson October 19, 2016

Yep agreed. I think Dion doesn't mean a mention in Hipchat, but a mention in one of the other Atlassian ecosystem tools.

This should ideally work for any Atlassian system (Bitbucket/Stash, Bamboo, Confluence, Crucible, etc.) when your user is mentioned... something at the heart of your Atlassian account(s). Especially on the Cloud systems using Atlassian SSO.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events