Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add ALL teammates to ALL rooms by default?

Rodney Varga November 20, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2016

Hi Rodney. No, HipChat is not designed to do that. To make sure that conversations are relevant to the people in them, you'll need to invite the people you want in each one or they will have to search out the specific rooms they are looking for.

Rodney Varga November 21, 2016

Hi guys and thanks for your comments.

I ask because im the controller of a company which has teams legally required to share knowledge, and so I'm looking for ways to provide a platform which doesnt have any "buy out" option available.

Email is archaic and already a completely over-utilised tool, and HipChat has the bonus of being available on multiple devices, but without the ability to add a group of users by default, it's unfortunately not going to suit my brief.

danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2016

Sounds like you could make a company-wide Announcements room. Have your HipChat admin add every new employee to this room. Make a policy that people are not permitted to leave the room. Then announce whatever you need to announce in the room. They will all have access to the information posted there. They will have the ability to leave the room, but you could do periodic audits of the room to make sure they are all still in it. Just an idea. 

1 vote
Timur Onder November 21, 2016

How about having a company room which everyone is part of by default? Is that something which could be in the pipeline?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events