Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Change to HipChat users email

Simon Dibble October 19, 2016

Due to an acquisition I need to change all of the email address on HipChat to match our new owners domain.  It appears that I need to instruct my users to change their own emails through their Atlassian account profiles.  Most of the users are not even aware that they have an Atlassian account and I am looking for away to change them in bulk without requiring them to be involved.

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2016

Unfortunately, since the accounts are managed through the Atlassian account system, there's no way to perform a mass update of emails from HipChat. Additionally, changing email addresses requires re-confirmation of the email itself (as well as a check to avoid two accounts having the same email address). In order to update emails, users would have to go to https://id.atlassian.com/profile/profile.action and update the email themselves.

We hope to improve this experience as we add better support for centralized directory services, but for now the best bet is probably to have users update emails on an individual basis.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events