Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo notification to Hipchat not working

Jorge Suarez July 17, 2018

I'm getting really frustrated. I followed these instructions (minus cert because I entered the hipchat server URL directly, not the r-proxy): https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/integrating-bamboo-with-hipchat-289276960.html

Bamboo logs show:

[AtlassianEvent::0-BAM::EVENTS:pool-1-thread-6] [HipchatNotificationTransport] http://bvahipd01.ii-corpnet.com will be used for HipChat integration (if enabled).

However, when I configure a notification in Bamboo, with either a V1, V2, or fake token (eg 'wontwork'), the Plan notification is saved and I don't see any notifications in hipchat.  I don't see any errors in atlassian-bamboo.log.  

Hipchat DC 3.1.4 specifically says not to use V1 tokens as they are deprecated. 

I am stuck, and without the ability to debug (ie see log output of an attempt to notify my hipchat server) there isn't much I can do.

Shouldn't Hipchat integrate like other apps through Application Links?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jorge Suarez July 17, 2018

Ok, after experimenting with a few notification types and key type, it seems that a colleague was able to find a trigger (All jobs complete, notifies whether success or failure; I had been using Job Error on a forced failing job to no avail).  The configured key is the one that I obtained from the Bamboo plug-in in Hipchat (select the plug-in "Bamboo for Hipchat" -> Configure [copy API key])  though it seems one of the notifications was also configured to work with a V1 API key generated through Admin -> System -> API v1 tokens.  Under that section, the Plug-in token showed up in the list as autogenerated.

So it seems that this may have been working all along, though I didn't get any confirmation when saving and it doesn't specifically say where the notification is going in the logs.  It only shows that a trigger caused a notification to be sent:

[AtlassianEvent::0-BAM::EVENTS:pool-1-thread-7] [BuildStatusChangeNotificationType] Build status changed to Successful sending a notification

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events