It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bamboo notification to Hipchat not working

I'm getting really frustrated. I followed these instructions (minus cert because I entered the hipchat server URL directly, not the r-proxy): https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/integrating-bamboo-with-hipchat-289276960.html

Bamboo logs show:

[AtlassianEvent::0-BAM::EVENTS:pool-1-thread-6] [HipchatNotificationTransport] http://bvahipd01.ii-corpnet.com will be used for HipChat integration (if enabled).

However, when I configure a notification in Bamboo, with either a V1, V2, or fake token (eg 'wontwork'), the Plan notification is saved and I don't see any notifications in hipchat.  I don't see any errors in atlassian-bamboo.log.  

Hipchat DC 3.1.4 specifically says not to use V1 tokens as they are deprecated. 

I am stuck, and without the ability to debug (ie see log output of an attempt to notify my hipchat server) there isn't much I can do.

Shouldn't Hipchat integrate like other apps through Application Links?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ok, after experimenting with a few notification types and key type, it seems that a colleague was able to find a trigger (All jobs complete, notifies whether success or failure; I had been using Job Error on a forced failing job to no avail).  The configured key is the one that I obtained from the Bamboo plug-in in Hipchat (select the plug-in "Bamboo for Hipchat" -> Configure [copy API key])  though it seems one of the notifications was also configured to work with a V1 API key generated through Admin -> System -> API v1 tokens.  Under that section, the Plug-in token showed up in the list as autogenerated.

So it seems that this may have been working all along, though I didn't get any confirmation when saving and it doesn't specifically say where the notification is going in the logs.  It only shows that a trigger caused a notification to be sent:

[AtlassianEvent::0-BAM::EVENTS:pool-1-thread-7] [BuildStatusChangeNotificationType] Build status changed to Successful sending a notification

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,205 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you