Atlassian Account administration for Hipchat

Our company's Hipchat instance has been migrated to Atlassian accounts and I am a group admin.

So now I want to use the administration tools for those Atlassian accounts. They are described in pages like https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-account-for-administrators-873871203.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/domain-verification-873871234.html

The problem is that I don't see any trace of the user interfaces described in those articles. There is no "Site administration" section in the Group Admin pages for Hipchat for me to verify the domain and I see no traces of any administration tools when going to id.atlassian.com.

How on earth is this supposed to work?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Oct 29, 2017

Hey there Per,

Right now, HipChat accounts that have been synced with Atlassian cannot be managed, either from the Cloud side or the HipChat side.

We have a feature request for this here HCPUB-2654

For this, I'd encourage you to visit the suggestion page and click the *Vote* and *Watch* links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you're proactively informed of progress and updates going forward. Also we would appreciate your feedback on the feature, you can do this by leaving a comment on the ticket, this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request.

Cheers,
Joe

OK just as I expected. In the meantime, can you please fix the online documentation to document these limitations and not have people go on a wild goose chase?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

425 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you