Alert noise after sent message?

Harriett Cornish August 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Get and set notifications

I have upgraded hipchat to the latest version on my Mac today and all of a sudden I am getting an alert noise whenever I send a message, even with everything set to mute and 'Quiet' in the notification settings in app and in system preferences? Even when I quit the desktop app and use my phone app, my Mac still makes an alert sound after sending the message! Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2016

It sounds like you might have a second instance of the client running elsewhere on the system (perhaps in a web browser?). I'd first suggest you go through any open browsers and tabs to make sure the web version of HipChat isn't running in the background.

If you still encounter the sound, providing a video / screenshots of what exactly is happening and contacting us via https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32 is probably the best way to get help on your specific issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events