Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addon: OAuth flow to get user access token

Andrew Holsted May 27, 2016

I've already implemented the install flow for our custom addon and am saving all the pertinent details. Our addon also needs to send private messages so our user's will have to go through the typical 3-legged OAuth flow. I've done this for numerous other providers, and while the likely explanation is I have something configured incorrectly, I think there may be a bug on Atlassian's side. I'm following these directions (under User token)

https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/guide/hipchat-rest-api/api-access-tokens

But when I go to authorize the addon, there's a vague 400 error and the scopes I'm requesting aren't listed on the page. I checked the console and there's a JavaScript error that may be the culprit? Anyone gone through the OAuth flow recently so I confirm the issue is on my end?

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 3.20.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-27 at 3.21.22 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Holsted May 31, 2016

I discovered it was a typo with my scopes. I had an 's' at the end of send_message which is why it didn't show on the page. The error message could be more descriptive, but I think everything is working as expected here. 

0 votes
rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2016

Can you paste in the authorization URL you're using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events