Addon: OAuth flow to get user access token

I've already implemented the install flow for our custom addon and am saving all the pertinent details. Our addon also needs to send private messages so our user's will have to go through the typical 3-legged OAuth flow. I've done this for numerous other providers, and while the likely explanation is I have something configured incorrectly, I think there may be a bug on Atlassian's side. I'm following these directions (under User token)

https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/guide/hipchat-rest-api/api-access-tokens

But when I go to authorize the addon, there's a vague 400 error and the scopes I'm requesting aren't listed on the page. I checked the console and there's a JavaScript error that may be the culprit? Anyone gone through the OAuth flow recently so I confirm the issue is on my end?

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 3.20.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-27 at 3.21.22 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I discovered it was a typo with my scopes. I had an 's' at the end of send_message which is why it didn't show on the page. The error message could be more descriptive, but I think everything is working as expected here. 

This widget could not be displayed.

Can you paste in the authorization URL you're using?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

243 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you