Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding accounts or connections to hipchat

Neil Jensen September 23, 2015

I would like to add another account to HipChat, so that I can utilize the XMPP/Jabber for my companies telephone system. I can set that up to work through Pidgin, but I was hoping to set it up to work through HipChat. If I cannot set it up to work through HipChat, then there really is not a reason for me to have HipChat at all. I would also like to use Google Hangouts from within HipChat to communicate with friends outside of work. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2015

Hi Neil,

Did you try our hangout integration: https://blog.hipchat.com/2015/03/30/get-yer-video-on-introducing-hangouts-gotomeeting-and-appear-integrations/ ?

I didn't quite understand what you mean by "adding another account to HipChat ... for the telephone system". Do you mean you want it to act as an xmpp bot? Or you are just after another user record?

Neil Jensen September 24, 2015

I am not sure what the proper terminology for all of this is. I think your comment about the xmpp bot is what I am looking for. I like the functionality and capabilities of HipChat, but I would also like to set up multiple accounts like you can in Pidgin. The only information that I can find is how to add my HipChat account to Pidgin. I would like to move into the HipChat UI and utilize HipChats capabilities, but also only use hipchat for all the other chat protocols that I might need, hangouts, pbx (my companies phone system) and so on. If it is not able to do that there is really not a reason for me to use HipChat even though I really do like what I have seen because it would add an extra dimension to my companies support team.

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2015

I understand now. You want one client that connects you to HipChat, to other xmpp systems, hangouts, google talk -- all in one client. Unfortunately the HipChat client is built for HipChat only and doesn't allow adding new protocols to the clients.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events