API endpoint for HipChat XMPP info?

Is there an API endpoint for the XMPP information (https://www.hipchat.com/account/xmpp) that I can parse?  I'd like to let the user enter the normal login information (email, password, server address) instead of having them correctly parse and provide the information on the web page.  I've currently done it manually about half a dozen times, and got it wrong more than right - and I don't expect my users to be better at it than I am smile  And that's without entering the nick I need to use for MUCs...

I'd rather avoid trying to hand-parse that HTML page if possible.

(I also expect to need a personal API token at some point in the future, since it looks like there will be things not in the XMPP stream; but I'll think about that when it's actually needed.)

1 answer

You can try using the view user resource (https://www.hipchat.com/docs/apiv2/method/view_user). That has the xmpp_jid on it that you're probably looking for.

Thanks, that seems to be what I'm looking for! Now to figure out how to access that without having the user manually generate a personal token, or having an admin install an integration...

Actually, this gives the JID, but not the host to connect to - and at least on the private server I'm attempting to connect to, it's not the same as the domain part of the JID :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

462 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot