Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Migration" to Slack for On-Premise customers

Florian Schmitz July 27, 2018

I read your announcement in regard to the Partnership between Atlassian and Slack. It somewhat surprises me that you even plan to discontinue the On-Premise version of your product.

We were about to introduce HipChat Datacenter in our company because it can deployed On-Premise. I'd think that customers who decide for that particular kind of deployment are not willing to use a hosted alternative (we are not).

So how will you actually get your On-Premise customers to use Slack? Or will there be an On-Premise version of Slack available (doesn't seem likely)?

2 comments

Rodolfo July 27, 2018

Hi Florian,

This is the information that we have from Atlassian in terms of EOL for Hipchat Server and Data Center.

Hipchat Server and Hipchat Data Center until:

• Hipchat Data Center (v3.0): 22 Jun 2019

• Hipchat Data Center (v3.1): 26 Sep 2019

• Hipchat Server (v2.1): 8 Dec 2018

• Hipchat Server(v2.2): 30 May 2019 

• Hipchat Server (v2.4): 30 Jun 2020 

We have not received any information regarding the development of a On-premise Slack version at the moment.

Stefanie Chernow
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 2, 2018

Hi Florian, 

This is really one of the pain points regarding this strategic change. As an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner, we've written more about this on our website. You can get in touch with us if you'd like to discuss your options and how your solution can integrate with your other Atlassian products. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events