Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create/sign_up on hipchat account

Meku Tilahun September 27, 2017

when I visit into WWW.Hip Chat.com and I want to  sign_up to create new account the link is redirecting into stride page. How to sign_up or create new account please help me Thanks!

4 comments

Meku Tilahun September 27, 2017

please help me

Like # people like this
Jake Goodstein (WMT Program Mgr) October 6, 2017

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue.

bthayer October 6, 2017

nope, even when i try different web browsers. go to www.hipchat.com/signup it will ask you for your name and email to start an account but the second you hit enter it takes you to the stupid stride page and never sends an email or anything. Maybe you will have better luck with it. 

Like # people like this
Ariel Fuggini November 30, 2017

Stride is the new chat product from Atlassian. It seems to be the new kid in town to replace HipChat.

I am pretty sure that if you are not able to create an account is because they don't want you to. My guess is new users from now on should sign up to Stride, and HipChat is only available to existing users only, for who knows how long (maybe until they migrate them all to Stride?).

bthayer December 1, 2017

Well stride is only for cloud instances and , we are not on a cloud instance (thus why we need hipchat). To be fair i kind of hate hipchat and would much rather have stride. Unfortunately its not an option. And with all of the log in issues neither is hipchat apparently. lol 

Like zina likes this
Mitch Harding February 13, 2018

I just joined a company which uses HipChat, and I ran into this same problem. I ended up opening a HipChat support ticket on it, and they said:

We have recently closed automatic registration which is why you are unable to register HipChat account. Please reach out to your HipChat admin to manually add you to the group instead.

Like zina likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events