Not receiving Activation emails

Jared Landis June 6, 2018

I have been trying to get a user activated for the last couple of days.  I thought it was an issue with our email provider but it is not.  The user is not getting the emails to activate her account and set her password.  What is the work around for this?

1 comment

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2018

Hi, Jared.

Can you please confirm if you are using HipChat Cloud or HipChat Server / Data Center on your end? 

• HipChat Cloud: I would recommend you to reach out to the HipChat Cloud support team for a speedy response and troubleshooting
  • HipChat Server / Data Center: Do you have an email server configured on your instance? If yes, we would like to suggest you to go through the Troubleshooting emails fail to be sent out from Hipchat Server to see if it could be a misconfiguration with the relay host

Additionally, is this happening to one specific user or other new users as well? 

Jared Landis June 11, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

It is for HipChat Cloud.  It is for one specific user.  We had her deactivated as she left for school and when she came back we reactivated her but now she can not get in and is not getting emails to activate her account.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2018

Hi, Jared.

Thank you for the confirmation. Since it is specific to HipChat Cloud, I believe it will be best to reach out to the support team to speed up the troubleshooting process if you haven't already since the mail server is hosted on the Cloud. So, the engineers will have to go through the mail log to understand why the activation mail is not sent.

Contact Atlassian Support

If you need help with that, share your email address and I will be happy to raise this up on your behalf.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events