Install of Live Chat in Jira Service Desk Cloud failed, how to fix?

Mohsen Hafiz February 6, 2019

I'm trying to add the following product to my Jira Service Desk Cloud instance. It's not working though, it fails with the below error message when I click the "add integration" button.

Product: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214952/live-chat-24-7?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Error:

There was a problem installing the integration

Hide detailsFailed to install addon: Operation timed out after 5001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

1 comment

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2019

Hi, @Mohsen Hafiz

I can confirm that the issue is reproducible on my end when I tried to have it installed as I am getting the same error that you shared:

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 08.26.16.png

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 08.26.32.png

I can also see that the integration has not been updated for a while:

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 08.30.25.png

Checking through the network inspector on Google Chrome, the installation failed with a 400 Bad Request error. The remote address (52.203.163.160) just redirects back to the https://www.stride.com/ page.

I have a suspicion that this could be mainly due to the fact that Atlassian is sunsetting HipChat Cloud & Stride in 1 week's time. May I know if you have any plans on migrating to Slack or other communication tool?

Mohsen Hafiz February 11, 2019

Already on slack. This was in the app market place and like anything else with hipchat, it doesn't seem to work. It seems like Atlassian pushes these tools then they don't work and we find out they are going away.....

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hello, @Mohsen Hafiz

The announcement of the partnership was made in July 26, 2018 through the official blog Announcing our new partnership with Slack. May I know if you received the announcement through email officially?

Additionally, may I know what did not work with HipChat too? Though it is going away, it will be good to know areas of improvement that can be implemented to other products in the future.

Since the Live Chat 24/7 is not officially developed by Atlassian (indicated by the Unsupported lozenge in the marketplace page), Atlassian does not have control on the integrations support by default. So, users are suggested to share the issues that they potentially running into through the Atlassian Community or in any case that you do not receive any response after a certain period of time, it might be best to get in touch with the integration developer itself.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events