Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

I cannot delete /edit message I have entered

I cannot delete/edit message I have entered because I didn't see the  sign '...' when hover over the text. I launch hipchat on chrome browser. Please help me 

1 comment

AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Nov 19, 2018

Hello, Hanh.

If you are referring to HipChat itself, there is no option for you to edit / delete the message from the client itself. As we can see on the example that I have here:

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 08.22.08.png

There are no actions available when I click on the ... icon. If there is a need to delete the message you sent in a room / 1-1 conversation, it can be done from the web interface as mentioned in the Delete Messages and Files documentation.

Direct message editing is not available in HipChat unless you are using the s/ command to make fix typos - Keyboard shortcuts and slash commands

Unless if you are actually referring to Stride, you have the ability to delete / edit messages as shown in the screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 08.33.11.png

Please confirm on this. Thanks.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,751 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you