Hipchat datacenter SSL

mosidze April 26, 2018

Greeting

recently i download and install hHpchat OVA  datacenter. accordint to manual i install SSL termination with normal ssl certificate

however, when im truing to install some add-on, it's says "

Unable to install integration

The integration service (HC Alias at https://hc-alias.herokuapp.com) did not receive the expected response from your HipChat DataCenter."

Ans ask's for correct SSL

I manage to install same certificate (it's wildcard) to hipchat instance- but situation remains same

Also, i add sertificate as trustd accorging to https://confluence.atlassian.com/hc/creating-or-obtaining-an-ssl-key-and-certificate-608731891.html this manual via CLI

ServerAdmin->SSL is not avalable in this edition so, i have problem- i can't to install correct Ssl and start to use service with integration

1 comment

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

Hi, Vakhtang. 

Since the SSL certificate is expected to be installed on the load balancer level as mentioned in the Deployment options and sizing guidelines for Hipchat Data Center, can you please confirm what do you mean by normal SSL certificate and how did you configure / install it on the proxy / load balancer?

Additionally, did you configure the instance to accept incoming connection from the servers hosting the integrations?

If you will be using publicly hosted Apps, add-ons, or integrations, the service should be accessible from the public internet so that these external services can send responses back to the cluster.

mosidze May 2, 2018

hipchat works ok, SSL is terminated. but, i can't to install addons

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

Hi, Vakhtang.

Since Hipchat works fine and SSL is terminated accordingly, I want to verify if you fulfilled the requirements that is listed in the Integrations page next:

• Your network must allow outbound HTTPS(443) from your HipChat DataCenter to the add-on service.
  • Your network must allow inbound HTTPS(443) from the add-on service to your HipChat DataCenter.

Can you please confirm that the outbound and inbound ports in the network is configured accordingly?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events