HipChat sync doesn't

marshall_245 June 26, 2017

As an end user of HipChat, i believe it is important that the sync be improved. I regularly lose messages due to HipChat marking things read which I have not. My setup is iPhone 5, and HipChat web client, with the client served internally by our company. I feel that it would be better if the marking of messages as read, specifically when sent to the phone, were more conservative. What appears to happen is if a notification is sent to the iPhone alerts in the "pre login screen" then the message is marked as read. I often have not read these and am unaware of having received a message later. You can see how this would be a problem, if, for instance, my boss hipchatted me and I did not see it. Thanks.

1 comment

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hi, Marshall.

While I am not sure if you are on Cloud / Server, please refer to the following links:

• Cloud - HCPUB-308 - Rolled out at a 100% to all users
  • Server - HCPUB-2603 - Work in progress

If you are on Server, I encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward. Hope that helps.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events