Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat Video QoS

Joe Duea December 11, 2017

I am looking to find any documentation regarding how video meetings work with clients using the HipChat cloud application.  Specifically as to any Quaility of Service configuration information.

Thank you

1 comment

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hi there, Joe.

For HipChat Cloud specifically, please have a look at the official documentation here - Video chat with your team.

If you are already on the brand new offering Stride, check on the Video Conferencing page instead.

While we do not have an official documentation for Quality of Service specifically, what I understand here is that you are asking for the FQDNs over which the "core" features of HipChat are transmitted. That list is not so long:

• api.hipchat.com
  • likeabosh.hipchat.com
  • www.hipchat.com
  • <your_subdomain>.hipchat.com

Other features like file previews use FQDNs from third party sites like Amazon - s3.amazonaws.com

Depending on the integrations that you have installed your HipChat client could call all sorts of FQDNs.

<your_subdomain>.atlassian.net for instance if your HipChat was integrated with JIRA Cloud

Finally HipChat uses third party analytics providers.

If you are looking at the improvement the "Quality of Service" of the HipChat product inside your network, I believe that the 1st list of FQDNs is comprehensive.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events