Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Hipchat Investment

Andrew Smith July 25, 2018

Hi community,

The announcement and shift in focus to stride was always going to create an issue with competing priorities, however, I'd like to express my disappointment none-the-less.

Our organisation spends nearly $100,000 per annum on Atlassian products now, and having outgrown the OnDemand services, have purchased licenses to self-host a significant suite of Atlassian products.

The fact there has been no investment in Hipchat Data Centre (I've checked JIRA for newly resolved tickets, the release notes, etc) and there is no roadmap what-so-ever makes me wonder why organisations such as ours should be expected to pay such an exorbitant annual fee for these products yearly.

The development investment has halted, there is no maintenance occurring and there is no real enhancement to the products taking place.

In a year where a product has stagnated entirely, I believe Atlassian should review its policies and waive the renewal fees for these orphaned products, particularly when the significant investment in Stride is for "a different product line, not for self-hosted solutions"

Atlassian clearly stated in the Stride announcement that Hipchat investment would continue.

This has proven to be entirely untrue.

1 comment

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

So sad read about that and stride is dead as well :( 

But now all things on Slack.

Sorry 😢  we met previously with that as well.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events