Are you on HipChat Data Center? Can you answer these yes/no Qs on features?

Amanda Gowland December 4, 2017

Before we upgrade - we'd like to know if some of the bugs that weren't addressed with HipChat Server have been fixed...

1. Flakey badge notifications - ppl. complained they had to scroll to each individual room to see if they missed something (if laptop is asleep) + notifications differed between desktop and mobile 

2. Easier way to edit comments 

3. Not being able to use markdown as a markup language for editing code snippits 

4. Push notifications on iOS - when you swipe down and click the first notification, the others disappear so you have no idea who the message came from once you looked at the first one 

5. Sorting contacts alphabetically 

...If you know if any of these are non-issues in HC DC, I'd love to know. Thank you in advance

1 comment

Arbi Dridi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Amanda, 

Here are the answers to your questions: 

1. Flakey badge notifications - ppl. complained they had to scroll to each individual room to see if they missed something (if laptop is asleep) + notifications differed between desktop and mobile 

HCPUB-2603 - HipChat Server - Sync messages across clients so I can catch up on conversation that's happened while I was away / offline / idle
This feature is not implemented yet but should be coming in DC. This was one of the major motives behind the move from Elasticsearch to Postgres to store chat history in DC.

2. Easier way to edit comments 

HCPUB-299 - Message editing without using a slash command
This feature is not available in DC yet. Again, storing chat history in Postgres makes the implementation of this feature a lot easier. 

3. Not being able to use markdown as a markup language for editing code snippits 

HCPUB-300 - Formatting text with bold, italics, inline code, etc (markdown)
This feature is not available in the clients yet. 

4. Push notifications on iOS - when you swipe down and click the first notification, the others disappear so you have no idea who the message came from once you looked at the first one 

We saw you commented on the public bug HCPUB-2030 - Push notifications do not work in iOS 10 devices when connecting HipChat Server
As Shayne mentioned, we're investigating this issue further and will get back to you. 

5. Sorting contacts alphabetically 

HCPUB-363 - Order of conversations - Allow sorting of people and rooms (recency, alphabetical, etc)
This feature is not available in the clients yet. 

In summary, all the features/bugs you asked about are not implemented in Hipchat Data Center or the clients yet but are definitely on our radar. 

We highly encourage you to up-vote, watch them and provide your feedback on how the bug or lack of feature is impacting you. 

I hope this helps. 

Arbi Dridi
Premier Support Engineer | Atlassian

Amanda Gowland December 7, 2017

Thanks Arbi for the reply. 

We've been asking our users to be patient because, surely, Atlassian would be prioritising functioning notifications on their collaboration/chat software. 

I'm a bit perplexed from a customer perspective on why this isn't already fixed. How can Atlassian outshine their competitors here if they can't even get notifications working properly? 

You guys are making it difficult for us to stay loyal. 

I've been following, commenting on and upvoting "feature requests" for over a year now...nothing has changed. 

Arbi Dridi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Hi Amanda, 

We completely understand your frustration. 

While those feature requests are not implemented yet, we've definitely taken big steps towards this goal. 

Hipchat Data Center has lately undergone major architectural changes to make the product more reliable and bring those must-have features to life. 

We haven't really worked on those features in Hipchat Server because they are either almost impossible to implement with the former architecture or will introduce performance drain and impact the user/admin experience. 

I hope this helps, thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Thanks. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events