Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android client disconnection

Deleted user October 4, 2017

When using Android client 3.17.006 over a long time with/without "Stay connected" option on Android 7.0, it will cut connection and repeat retrying connection until I kill and restart it.

Are there any solution or workarond to keep connection?

1 comment

Señor Moreira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

Hi Ryota,

Interesting, based on what you described, I understand that you're facing an issue with the app not keeping the settings consistently the way you've configured, which could be very well caused by a data conflict in the system. You can try clearing up HipChat's cache data and then perform a fresh reinstall. Here are instructions for this process:

• Go to the Android Settings, then touch Applications.
  • Find and touch the HipChat app.
  • Touch Storage.
  • Tap Clear cache.
  • Tap Clear data, then OK.

This will entirely eliminate the app data cached on the Android system. After that, you can go ahead and remove the existing client and a get a fresh copy of the newest version available at the Google Play Store.

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

Deleted user November 7, 2017

Thank you for your time.

I did them all and found anything changed.

After sleeping/lost-get signal/connect-disconnect VPN/etc, the client start to repeat reconnecting. That sometimes succeeds but I still couldn't send messages. The SEND button became grayed-out.

Any ideas?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events