Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Tragedy of HipChat Mobile Apps

Julian Krick July 22, 2017

I just don't get why the smart phone apps for HipChat are so bad. You have no support for the APIv2 and there are even multiple complaints that the notifications don't work properly.

If you would fix those essential functionalities and add APIv2-Support for mobile, you'd have the best chat software ever, far surpassing Slack. But like this Slack is way way better - just because of the mobile app, the web app is fine and better than Slack in my view.

Why do you neglegt the mobile part so much? In our organization mobile is much more used and demanded than the web client, nobody wants to go through the trouble of installing a desktop client. Maybe thats different in other organisations, but I imagine those would be the minority.

I found multiple mentions of it here, where you referred them to an already open JIRA issue. In the HipChat project in your open JIRA instance I found many open issues about this, but not a single reaction or comment to any one of them by someone working at Atlassian.

I just don't get how you arrived at these priorities and would like to know if there are any plans to bring the mobile apps up to the standard high standard of your web client.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2017

My understanding is that there is a programme inside Atlassian to revamp most, if not all, of the Hipchat client options.  I've no idea of any progress I'm afraid (but I'd guess it's bringing them into the new ADG style.  I'm hoping it fixes the issues we've got with them as well)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events