Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get HipChat chat history between two people for a deleted HipChat user?

John Bottiglieri February 11, 2015

Deleted a HipChat account and another HipChat user can no longer see chat history with the deleted user.  Is there a way to get that chat history from Atlassian in some format?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Bottiglieri February 11, 2015

Answered my own question - Not optimal, but a Group Admin can restore a deleted user and active users that had previous conversations with the deleted user can then open a new chat - and the history shows up - this is all if you have your history set to "Store all history".

2 votes
bamerrell February 29, 2016

Hi @Jeison Spaniol,

Should this work for companies with accounts that have custom URL's? When I browse to www.<mycompanyname>.hipchat.com/people I don't see the deleted user listed (which makes sense). If I search the users name in the "search history" box in the upper right corner of the screen, the only results I see are past mentions of this user in rooms. 

Nowhere am I able to find a record of our 1-1 conversations.

Thanks,
Brian 

Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 29, 2016

Hey Brian,

We changed this a while back, actually - deleted users don't show up anymore on /people. Instead, try searching for the history at https://www.<yourcompanyname>.hipchat.com/search (you should be able to select deleted users from the dropdown menu). Hope it helps!

bamerrell March 1, 2016

Thanks Jeison! This worked.

Unfortunately, you have to view the chat log day by day instead of just being able to scroll through/search a single 1-1 transcript. I was still able to retrieve the information I was looking for though!

2 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2015

Hi John,

While deleted users can't be found on any of the apps, their history should still be available for search on the website. If a user wants to search their conversation with a deleted user, just go to https://www.hipchat.com/people

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events