Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble with HC client on windows 10?

Collin Lemons June 2, 2017

Recently installed HipChat on a Lenovo ThinkPad and am having two big problems so far: The top bar is obscured by the windowframe even in fullscreen mode, and the pointer doesn't seem to be where HC thinks it is, i.e.- Trying to close a chat by clicking on the "x" doesn't work, but when I move the pointer just below, the "x" lights up and can be clicked. I've uninstalled/reinstalled twice, played around with display settings and can't get any improvements. 

Am I the only one having these troubles? And any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated as well.

1 answer

0 votes
Señor Moreira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

Hi Collin,

It's possible that you've hit a known compatibility issue between the HipChat's framework and the machine's graphic cards. A viable workaround for that problem would be disabling the dedicated graphics for the app:

• Right-click the HipChat's shortcut on the desktop.
  • Click Properties and then go to the Shortcut tab.
  • On the target field, add the "--disable-gpu" command (no quotation marks) followed by an empty space after .../HipChat.exe". 
  • Click OK and click Continue when the dialog box shows up to complete the operation.

For context and further details on this workaround, you can refer to our documentation:

Hope this helps! 

Collin Lemons July 25, 2017

I managed to get around the problem with a scaling utility, but I really appreciate the answer. Next time we load a similar machine I'll try it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events