Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hipchat does NOT run on an SONY laptop model PCG-4121EM - Windows 7 Pro

Hubert August 11, 2017

I am trying to install and run hipchat on a SONY laptop with Windows 7 Pro.

The installation of the latest version did run through without any problems,

but as soon as I try to start the application it ended up with a window which says:

end crash Report

HipChat ran int a problem and had to close .

Could you help us improve by reporting this crash report

Of course I did send the crash report including an explanation, but nobody from Altlassian did ever come back to me. And I did send several crash reports to them.

(very disappointing from a Atlassin)

First I thought its because of the virus application (Kaspersky) and firewall (Fortinet) client software, but I did reinstall the complete system by using the system recover option of SONY. I did start the application and it came up again with a crash report window.

Its Windows 7 Pro without any MS office or other application.

Any advice / help would be highly appreciated

1 comment

ryebenedict
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hey Hubert!

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble starting up your HipChat client on your Windows machine! (And sorry that we weren't able to get back to you on your crash report :( )

Looks like it's related to our Known Issue here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/windows-hipchat-client-crashes-immediately-on-launch-788732165.html, where the client crashes with the error you provided.

You can try out the workaround, which involves updating your video card drivers and see if that works out.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
--- Ryan Benedict
Atlassian Support 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events