Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requester Notifications Not Working in MS Teams

Cohen Muller March 14, 2023

Hi, when users create a ticket in Teams, they are sent an initial notification that the card has been created, but they don't get any follow up notifications if an agent replies to the ticket. It says here https://plz.halp.com/article/5k347f7jqi-activity-feed-notifications-in-teams that requesters receive notifications whenever someone adds a comment to the ticket, but this isn't happening. Do they have to be in the private triage channel with the agents for this to happen? Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023

I was testing Teams integration with the JSM Chat feature, and notifications worked just fine. For example, when someone left a comment on a Jira ticket, the user would get a notification in Assist chat about the update (and the comment would be visible - if it was a public comment on the Jira side). Also, whenever the issue was deleted, the requester would receive a notification for that as well.

2023-03-15_09-39-38.png

That's for the JSM Chat feature, but I didn't test out integrating Halp/Assist directly in Teams.

Cohen Muller March 15, 2023

Thanks for the reply, I think I found the solution. I just had to give org-wide permissions to the Assist app on teams, it seems to now be notifying the requester when a comment is added.

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events