Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable "suggested articles" in Atlassian Assist / Halp bot integration with Jira Service Management

J. Claudio Calderon October 26, 2022

Hi,

We use Atlassian Assist (former Halp) bot to integrate our company's Jira Service Management instance with Slack so our customers can open tickets directly from there.

We also have the "suggested articles" feature enabled in our JSM portal, so when our customers go there to open a ticket, they get suggestions from our Knowledge Base in Confluence, based on what they type when describing their issue.

I've been trying to enable such kind of self-service by somehow connecting our Assist/Halp bot with our knowledge base for it to also provide suggested articles in Slack itself before customers go ahead and open tickets with there, but I cannot find the way to do it.

Is this possible with Assist/Halp bot or do we have to use another addon? Can you please provide steps/details to do this?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Hi @J. Claudio Calderon

Another option that you can use is nextapp.ai helpdesk+ addon.  It allows you to integrate with confluence and suggest articles before a user creates a ticket. It has the same capabilities as assist and more. 

Link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224706/helpdesk-intuitive-slack-first-support?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Good luck

J. Claudio Calderon October 26, 2022

Thanks for the update @Fabian Lim

I guess that means this feature does not exist with Assist/Halp addon? I would prefer using Assist/Halp since it's the native application used by JSM for integrating with Slack as explained here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-is-chat/

If this is indeed not possible with Assist/Halp, do you know if there are any plans to implement this in the future? If not, is there anywhere I can open an enhancement request ticket for this?

Thank you.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Hopefully someone from the assist product team can chime in the thread to comment on the roadmap.

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

Hi @J. Claudio Calderon ! Jensen from the Assist Product team here. We are in the process of launching a Virtual Agent to integrate with JSM Chat / Atlassian Assist. EAP Cohort 1 is currently accepting beta customers. You can join our waitlist here: http://atlassian.com/wac/software/jira/service-management/virtual-agent-alpha-privacy-disclosures 

Like # people like this
Atim Etiefe August 29, 2023

Hi @Jensen Fleming

I'm also interested in this feature. Is there any new update regarding this topic?

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events