Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually connect a Jira ticket to a Halp ticket?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2022

Hi there-

I've done a number of configurations with Halp/Assist, but I don't know if it's possible to manually connect a Halp ticket with an existing Jira ticket.

For more details, when users post a question for the first time, I've configured an integration that creates a Jira ticket that is then linked to the Halp one. In some cases, though, a Jira does exist and I'd like to connect them manually so they stay in sync as well. Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2022

Hey @Carlos Garcia Navarro -- that isn't possible. Assist can only create new Jira tickets, not link to existing ones. You can, however, send tickets created from Jira into Slack via Halp/Assist. That way the ticket will be in the triage channel and in a DM from the requester for follow ups. 

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

Interesting, thanks Jensen. How do you do that?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

I'd be okay if there is no Halp ticket in Halp/Assist, but I can update the Jira ticket from Slack (where the conversation with the requester and others would happen).

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2022

The best way is to opt into our new integration experience, and its just a little toggle per request type. 

Otherwise you need to make 2 recipes per request type.

- When a ticket is created from an integration, RT, create a ticket in halp 

- When a ticket is created from an integration, RT, send the ticket to a queue. 

I'd recommend opting into the new experience :)  

Like # people like this
Paul Romero March 30, 2022

@Jensen Fleming do you have details on the 'toggle'. I'd like any ticket created in JSM to open a Halp Ticket and notify the Slack Triage channel.  Right now I have this working for items coming in from Slack and Intercom, but items coming from email are creating a Slack ticket but not a Halp one.

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2022

@Paul Romero -- I'd recommend signing up for the JSM Chat beta (coming out of beta soon). 

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events