The evolution of Halp into Jira Service Management Cloud

In 2020, Atlassian acquired Halp to continue building the world’s best messaging-native app for handling service requests. Over the past few years, we’ve seen Halp evolve while continuing to focus on resolving issues faster and supporting internal requests, no matter the platform. During this time, we changed Halp’s app name to Atlassian Assist and integrated its conversational ticketing experience deeper into Jira Service Management.

As the next step, we’re excited to announce Atlassian Assist’s conversational ticketing capabilities are available with all Jira Service Management Cloud plans (Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise)!

We know many of you use Halp features like turning messages into tickets, recipe automation, and prioritizing tickets by severity to manage requests in your chat tools. We’re excited to be able to add Halp’s functionality into Jira Service Management - where you can take advantage of a self-service portal, 400+ form templates, and knowledge base support features as well as Halp’s.

This means that moving forward, we will no longer sell Halp to new customers starting on May 9, 2023. Instead, all of the features and functionality you know and love will be available in every Jira Service Management Cloud plan. New customers looking for conversational ticketing need to sign up for a Jira Service Management Cloud plan. Additionally, you will need to connect Jira Service Management chat to each project you’d like synced to Slack or Microsoft Teams.

With Halp’s integration into Jira Service Management, we’ve unlocked new and powerful features our customers have been waiting for, like advanced machine-learning capabilities. Built on the same conversational engine as Atlassian Assist, we’ll soon be launching an AI-powered virtual agent(currently in beta) to help teams automate Tier 1 support interactions and deliver exceptional service at scale.

Our current Halp customers will continue to have access to the product in its current form until June 4, 2024. After that date, Halp’s functionality will only be available to customers with Jira Service Management Cloud plans and will exclusively be administered through Jira Service Management.

For existing Halp customers, we want to make this transition as easy as possible. If you are moving to a new or existing Jira Service Management site, we’ve created step-by-step migration instructions. Learn more about Jira Service Management chat capabilities in this product guide.

Once you migrate to Jira Service Management, here are just a few of the improvements you can expect:

• One scalable platform for all teams

• Enhanced web UI with advanced analytics and reporting

• Dedicated self-service web portal

• Out-of-the-box knowledge base

• Dedicated mobile app

Migrating to Jira Service Management preserves the lightweight service experience your teams know and love from Halp—on a more scalable platform.

We will be reaching out to Halp Admins today via email with more information on account specifics. In the meantime, please review our FAQ on these changes for more details. For questions on your Halp subscription, contact our support team.

With much appreciation,

Atlassian’s Halp/Jira Service Management Chat Team

46 comments

Campbell Goodwille April 4, 2023

Can we expect to see realtime updates with Slack conversations in the JSM interface with this change (as we have currently with the Halp web interface)?  Having to refresh the page in tickets currently on JSM makes Slack messaging effectively worthless.

Like # people like this
Bill Goetz April 4, 2023

TL;DR:

Halp is now available with JSM! New customers needing conversational ticketing will need a JSM subscription after May 9th, 2023. Existing standalone Halp customers will need to migrate to a JSM subscription by June 4, 2024.

Like FaresBenAbbes likes this
shayne.christie April 4, 2023

Does this mean all Slack-connected queues need to use JSM instead of Jira? 

Alex Zhitnitsky
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

Hi @shayne.christie – this is correct, for both Slack and Microsoft Teams, Halp's conversational ticketing functionality will only be available with Jira Service Management Cloud plans after June 4, 2024. 

With that said, you can also continue using Jira Software with Slack through the Jira Cloud Slack app.

FaresBenAbbes April 5, 2023

💡🎉 Wonderful news! I can't wait to see the amazing possibilities this product evolution brings! 😍🚀 

Like # people like this
Noushin Kananian April 5, 2023

Congratulations. Hope to work with Hooman Atlassian in my four IT Projects in London. 

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2023

Reasonable move from Atlassian. Looking forward to seeing new additions and features for this product!

Like # people like this
Joe Sha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2023

Hey @Campbell Goodwille , thanks for raising this! Today, realtime updates from chat are only supported at the queue view. We find that with chat, many agents prefer responding directly in the chat tool, but we realize that the experience in the issue view can be improved and the team will investigate this path.

Like # people like this
Darrell Jones April 11, 2023

Thanks Tori! Looks like all DC customers will need Appfire Integration+ or Helpdesk+?

Like # people like this
Nadim Mouawad April 13, 2023

Hi @Tori Stitt

Thank you for the update. Will it be possible to connect one JSM project to many slack channels ? Meaning can many triage channels be created depending on the requests created ?

Best,

Nadim

Like Todd Thomas likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to integrate with Teams, is there a cost per user?

levelupedtech April 13, 2023

So it looks like I have an expired trial of Halp. When I try to use the new Assist in Teams, it gives an error about the old Halp trial. I don't need any data from that and don't care to go through any migration. How can I get that deleted or just start using the new Assist in Teams?

Tori Stitt
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2023

Hey @levelupedtech

Please reach out to our support team for help deleting the old halp trial.

To start a new Assist/JSM experience in Teams follow these instructions once you remove Halp. 

Tori Stitt
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2023

Hey @Nadim Mouawad

You can only have one triage slack channel connected to a project. 

You can, however, have as many request channels as you want to be connected to a project. You can also have as many projects as you want connected to request channels. For example, if you have an HR, Ops, or Facilities project they can have their own triage and request channels. 

Hope this helps!

Brian Cook April 14, 2023

I for one am not too happy about this. We love Halp in its current form and one of the reasons we chose it over Jira Service Desk was the price point was much more reasonable. I wish we could keep Halp the way it is now but it probably isn't profitable so... :-(

Like # people like this
Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Happy to read this news. It’ll clearly help adoption of such a wonderful feature.

Thank you :)

Like Tori Stitt likes this
Patrick Kent April 21, 2023

Will this be replacing Chat? We recently migrated from DC to Cloud and I just found out about Chat, with it's ability to expose Request Types directly in the Slack pop-up flow (👍👍👍), but I don't want to push on getting Chat onboarded if it's functionality will change or the feature/app gets removed anytime soon.

Also, will this allow for the same type of UI in Slack channels, giving the Reporter the ability to choose a Request Type from the channel-integrated JSM Project?

Tori Stitt
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2023

Hey @Patrick KentJira Service Management Chat is not going away it is what we plan to continue building on and was created based off of Halp's features. 

Yes, it will also enable the reporter in Slack to choose the request type based on the JSM Project settings. 

Patrick Kent April 24, 2023

@Tori Stitt awesome, thanks for the reply 👍

Like Tori Stitt likes this
Tori Stitt
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2023

Hey @Brian Cook

Sorry to hear you are disappointed. We understand and empathize that this is a transition for many of our customers who love Halp in its current form.

Our team has worked hard to create the same experience you are currently having with Halp in Jira Service Management's chat feature. In addition, Jira Service Management will also provide additional features many of our customers have been requesting.

To help with the transition, we are offering several pricing incentives to our customers based on their pricing plans to help. Please review our frequently asked questions page and reach out to our team if you need some extra help. 

Tori Stitt
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2023

Hi Dan Breyen, if you have a Jira Service Management plan there is no additional cost to integrate with Microsoft Teams it's free on every plan. You can learn how to connect them by visiting our support documentation on Setting up chat with Microsoft Teams. 

Kenny Bonilla April 27, 2023

Will the answers feature in Halp have a comparable feature within Jira that is not Confluence? Along with its auto answers settings?

Like Sarah Fornander likes this
Alex Zhitnitsky
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2023

Hi @Kenny Bonilla, great question! I recommend checking out the latest announcements and content from Team 23' last week, especially this session about how to get started with the Jira Service Management virtual agent.

We just started rolling it out to more customers as part of a closed beta that you can sign up to here.

Also, Jira Service Management customers have access to an embedded knowledge base they can use (regardless of whether they have a paid Confluence subscription). This product guide goes into more detail.

Michael.Reeder May 4, 2023

This is bummer for my team. We use HALP as the link between an org wide slack channel and our teams JIRA software project. It's been fantastic for encouraging collaboration within slack all the while creating rich context on issues. Unfortunately, based on my conversations with Atlassian support this move will not allow for this integration to exist anymore. Really sad that we have to look for 3rd party solutions since HALP has been such a great addition to our workflow.

Like # people like this
Chris Scott May 7, 2023

We only recently saw Halp as we are after a plugin for Teams.  With Jira Service Manager , i can get the teams Assist app to have people create a ticket - but I have to wait till next year to get the conversational bot ability ? (apologies if i have misread this)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events