Limiting Visibility to Seeing Risks in Jira Roadmap Tasks and Risk Register - JIra Server not Cloud

tim comella October 21, 2022

Hi, All,

I am supporting Jira in Federal space but this probably applies to all industries,  We have a need to create the equivalent of WBS Issues (child Tasks) under parent Features in Jira, including marking some as Risks under the Feature.  So far so good, this works fine.  And when a Risk is added it shows up correctly in our Risk Register.

Question is this: would like to limit who can see the Risks in the Plan (Roadmap).  Some entered risks may be sensitive - budgetary risks, resourcing risks etc.  Want to limit which users have visibility to seeing the risks.

This is for Jira Server environment - not Data Center and not Cloud.

What is the best approach to limiting this visibility.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Muse {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2022

Assuming I understand correctly there could be several ways to accomplish this. It may be as simple as adding an issue security scheme to your project. If not, there are add-one like Power Scripts (and others) that could hide the risk based in user group membership or or some other config like that. Or, if you have the skills you may be able to accomplish this using JavaScript inside the announcement banner.

I would try to accomplish your goal in that order:

1. Issue security scheme
  2. Power scripts (if you want to do this yourself)
  3. script runner (if you want to pay someone to solve this for you)
  4. javaScript (if you have the skills)
tim comella October 24, 2022

Thank you, we will try these, in particular the Issue Security approach #1.

tim comella October 25, 2022

Looks like Cloud version of Jira has more capabilities in Issue level restrictions/policies.  Our environment is Server.

1 vote
Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2022

Hi Tim,

Are you using a tool to track your risk register? If so, which one?

kind regards<
Craig

tim comella October 21, 2022

Hi Craig,

I am aware of some add on tools however we are simply using the built in capabilities of Jira Server.  When viewing an Issue declared as a Risk, there is a hyperlink in that detail screen that, when clicked, navigates to risk register.  Also have some built in risk matrix Gadgets that can be added to a dashboard.  I do not believe those are custom or 3rd party.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events