Paperwork Reduction Act | OMB Regulatory Review | Forms UI

Phil Markert November 30, 2021

Hello:

Looking for success stories!

Most federal public-facing "Information Collections" -- whether a paper form or an online equivalent -- have to be reviewed and approved by the Office of Management & Budget.  Many states have similar requirements.

Developers can tweak a web interface really quick and often do so for data quality and/or for improved customer experience.

Any process improvements in the pipeline from design to regulatory approval to deployment ?

1 comment

Comment

Ken Urban
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Phil Markert welcome to the community! 

While I was in government I didnt have to go through the OMB paperwork reduction review BUT I did get a lot of complaints at how hard it was to do some things like submit help requests etc. 

One of the things we did to help with that was to implement a JSM (it was JSD back then) portal. The simplified forms proved to be a huge success. We could provide guidance on the forms and make changes with zero programming. If we had common fields we could pre fill those out based on the form the customer was using. Best of all individuals could self service if you integrated a Confluence KB and/or used the built in automation. 

Its even better now that Proforma (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-checklist-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter) and Insight Asset Management are both part of the Atlassian family. Now you can do some really cool things like dynamic forms and pulling from an inventory.

In short we took a form that our customers (other govt employees) had to spend 20+ min trying to fill out and hoping they got all the information right and simplified it to the point where they could do it in under 5 minutes and not have to worry if they got the right fields filled out.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events