Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Atlassian is investing in the public sector

Hey, government community! We wanted to share an update for two of our critical offerings serving our public sector. First, for those of you who aren’t ready for Cloud, we have several exciting Data Center updates to share. For many agencies, self-managed deployments such as those offered with our Data Center products are the best path forward to reaching your technical goals, like DevSecOps initiatives. These products meet your security and compliance needs while maintaining zero-downtime upgrades.

For those of you looking to start your journey to the Cloud, we also have a few updates to share in the bottom section of this post. Regardless of your deployment, Atlassian is ready to help you reach your enterprise goals and meet federally mandated technical requirements.

K8s, Data Pipeline, Security, and more: Atlassian's Investments in Data Center

While our Data Center roadmap offers a full list of coming features and highlights, you certainly can’t miss:

• Data Center Helm charts that allow your team to deploy Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Confluence, and/or Bitbucket on Kubernetes (K8s) clusters running on either your hardware or a Cloud provider through our customizable templates, allowing you to easily manage your deployments in one place. This powerful platform comes with several benefits, including deployment automation, automated operations for containers, and security enhancements.

• Data Pipeline for Data Center expands your team’s data capabilities and turns your data into actionable insights and trends. To attain this data, you simply configure your Data Center instance(s) to create a snapshot of your system for regular ingestion into your organization’s data and reporting infrastructure, or use the files as-is directly in Tableau and PowerBI. This direct line of sight into the inner workings of your agency is especially useful if you’re striving to learn more about your departmental health.

Many of these updates feature a strong focus on compliance as we ensure your data remains safeguarded and securely aligned with compliance protocols. In turn, we’ve optimized scale, performance, and availability to eliminate downtime and offer your team enhanced performance.

Lastly, we’ve made several investments in security, including a few updates to our Data Center development as we evolve our own security, reliability, and internal DevSecOps initiatives. For example, we’ve strengthened security scans on third-party libraries ahead of version releases and begun to produce hardened containers for Data Center. In addition, we've also baked even more security checks right into our development process to produce a tightly secure product.

Assuring accessibility on the road to FedRAMP

Atlassian is also continuing to invest in accessibility and compliance. To that end, we’ve formalized an internal team to address our long- and short-term requirements for accessibility in both our Data Center and Cloud products. This team listens to customer concerns, ensures VPAT documentation is up to date, and tactically addresses accessibility issues. Click here to learn more about accessibility at Atlassian and to review our product VPAT documents.

While these Data Center investments pave the way forward for teams that must remain self-managed, we’re also investing in our federal Cloud offering, intending to help as many public sector teams as possible leverage the strength of Atlassian’s Cloud. We have strongly prioritized our continued path towards FedRAMP Moderate ATO, working to improve upon our existing auditing processes and strong incident response and detection programs. These efforts are carefully planned to make certain we've mapped each of the security and compliance isolation requirements for this critical component of our Cloud offering.

Knowing that many public sector teams are keen to reduce their on-premise footprint and remove the cost of both infrastructure and infrastructure management, we’re remaining focused on our public sector Cloud initiatives, such as building the foundations for developing an isolated partition and our coming FedRAMP sponsorship and authorizing level announcements.

While our FedRAMP targets help to build a Cloud future for many in the public sector, our Data Center commitments simultaneously ensure you can maintain a high-quality, secure, self-managed option. We understand that migrations require a great deal of both time and trust, which is why we’ve built an in-depth migration center to help you find your own best path forward. To learn more about how Atlassian supports government teams or visit atlassian.com/government.

Questions about what’s best for your government team? Our public sector team would love to hear from you here or in the comments below!

2 comments

Comment

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2021

Nice, thank you for sharing @Mel Policicchio 

Like Mel Policicchio likes this
naotail October 12, 2022

Hello, Mel Policicchio. Thanks for sharing!! I’ve always been a great fan of the Atlassian Community because people here are selfless. When I was only figuring out how Jira works, almost everybody was ready to help me. That’s why, guys, I’m very grateful to you all. Huge thanks for all the things you do. You know, I’m so happy I’ve finally managed to pay off my last loan. Thanks to one guy from the Atlassian forum who shared this article https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/how-to-get-a-personal-loan-with-bad-credit/ with me. So, keep the thread updated, Mel Policicchio!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events