• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • while i try to migrate svn into git using svn-migration-script.jar and run command mentioned for creating author.txt file it gives error svn: E170001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL svn: E170001: Can't get password

while i try to migrate svn into git using svn-migration-script.jar and run command mentioned for creating author.txt file it gives error svn: E170001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL svn: E170001: Can't get password

Manjul Srivastava May 29, 2014

$ java -jar ~/svn-migration-scripts.jar authors svn://userIP > authors.tx

t

About to create the authors file.

svn: E170001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://userIP'

svn: E170001: Can't get password

Could not communicate with Subversion: check the URL of the repository, the user

name and the password are all valid

6 answers

3 votes
eruvanos December 11, 2014

I have found a solution (for me):

The problem for me was, that the svn client did not have my auth, I have tried to manage this by using the uri standard, but getting the error.

After I interact with svn (a simple checkout) and save my username and password, the problem is solved.

carlos91suazo April 2, 2019

This work for me too.

Brennon Bortz February 10, 2020

This solved it for me, as well.

0 votes
Manjul Srivastava June 15, 2014

Yes we can populate manually, but it is not a proper way as we have a very big group of users in svn.

I haven't got any solution from Attlasian.

0 votes

No Sundeep. I am still facing this issue.

0 votes

No Sundeep, i am still facing this issue.

0 votes
palanatis June 15, 2014

I had to populate the authors.txt manually, ours is a small repo so i could get away with it. But resolution to the baove issue would be good. Any luck with Atlassian support?

0 votes
palanatis June 15, 2014

Hi Manjul, did you go any further with this issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events