right-click menu greyed out

I've just started using SourceTree on windows. When I right-click a commit, all the options are greyed out. In particular I'm trying to branch from a commit.

(Related question: where is the documentation, tutorial, etc? All I see are the FAQs and not many of those...)

Thanks.

Steve

2 answers

The documentation is installed with the product. Look for the Help menu.

Actually that's where it *should* be, but we haven't supplied dedicated Help with the Windows version yet. We're catching up with the Mac version one step at a time...

Are you right-clicking a commit inside a dialog? When you're in a dialog many of the other functions are disabled because you're already in a process (e.g. merging). When you right-click on a commit in the top-level tab's log view though, you should have most things enabled (and some not, depending on which commit you select - for example selecting the current commit will disable Merge and Rebase, selecting the Uncommitted Changes line will disable things that require the line to be an actual commit, etc).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 3 hours ago in Agile

What is ChatOps? A guide to its evolution, adoption, and significance

I am the product of AIM. I can hear that door swinging open and closed in my mind with absolute fidelity. I’d recognize that ding anywhere. At 15, as I typed away into AOL IM, I never imagined that ...

17 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you