"SourceTree: Git not found" message

sandra lockhart March 17, 2014

I downloaded SourceTree and when I run it, I get message "SourceTree: Git not found" with an option "Browse to the location of git on your system (if we missed it)". When I click this option the dialogue box just refreshes. I have checked and do have git.exe installed. Thanks, Sandi

10 answers

2 votes
Michael Hensler February 27, 2019

Five years later, and the dialog box options ("Browse" and "Check again") still do nothing.

james-lo-apricot June 26, 2019

still do nothing now.

0 votes
Deleted user July 24, 2019

<crickets>

0 votes
David Chwalisz May 15, 2019

Same here for 3.1.2, both the standard and the Enterprise version. Time to move on from Sourcetree...

0 votes
senchov August 24, 2018

same issue

0 votes
anuj Sharma August 14, 2018

I am using windows 7 64 and git 2.18.0 64 bit and SourceTree 2.6.10 . I check path system variable as well but, I am keep getting the same error - git not found like .... The popup keep coming , I tried multiple time install uninstall but no way it is working . Any one have solution for this issue.

0 votes
anuj Sharma August 14, 2018

Is anybody find the answer for these question

0 votes
Kristian Andersen November 2, 2017

Same problem here after update to version 2.3.5.

Is there a workaround?

0 votes
fedeali April 13, 2017

Same problem here! It's not the first time it happens. Since version 2.x SourceTree became really unrealiable...

0 votes
S January 16, 2017

I'm using the currently up to date windows version 1.9.10.0 and this problem still persists. I can't browse to my Git installation because the "Git not found" just gets dismissed and pops up again without anything happening!

0 votes
Deleted user April 17, 2015

Same here. VERY annoying especially since the git version from SourceTree is ancient.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events