git push -u origin --all ---> fatal: Authentication failed

I am new to Bitbucket & I am trying to set up my firest repository. I am following the direction embedded in the wizard and when I get to the point below I get an error.

git push -u origin --all
fatal: Authentication failed

I have imported my ssh key to the account to no avail. When I set up the account I attempted to confirm my e-mail address via the automated e-mail that was sent but I got a message saying it expired. Which was odd since I did in short order. I searched the site for options to resend but I could not find any.

This newbie would appreciate any direction.

Thank You

1 answer

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Mar 17, 2013

You should be able to resend the validation email here https://bitbucket.org/account/#email-addresses

You might also verify that origin is setup correctly. The command below will show you what it's pointed at.

git remote -v

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Agile

What is ChatOps? A guide to its evolution, adoption, and significance

I am the product of AIM. I can hear that door swinging open and closed in my mind with absolute fidelity. I’d recognize that ding anywhere. At 15, as I typed away into AOL IM, I never imagined that ...

44 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you