Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable fetch from remote repository ssh_exchange_identification

Viachaslau August 24, 2014

Hi all,

For some reason we couldn’t add the commit content into a review. We can see the commit’s content in git, but FishEye displays strange error for this commit:

Unable to fetch from remote repository: [repository url] - [ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host, fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly]

And files list in FishEye for the commit is empty

So, when we’re trying to add the commit into a review, nothing happens.

Please help

1 answer

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2014

Hi Viachaslau,

Seems like FishEye instance is struggling to retrieve changeset details from remore repository. ssh exchange identification suggest there is problem authenticating against remote repository. Is this possible permissions were amended recently? Can you try testing connectivity? Just go to Administration / Repositories / <<YOUR REPOSITORY>> and click Test Connection button.

Alternatively you can try looking into log files located in FISHEYE_INST/var/log, you might be able to find more information there. Paste error details here so I will try to assist you.

Kind regards,

Viachaslau August 25, 2014

ERROR - Exception "com.cenqua.fisheye.PathNotFoundException: File not found while getting Contents : Src/UlbsStub/ExternalSystemsStub/RequestHandling/GetAllPackageProductsHandler.cs@f33799bd7a65358446e02f2246ba1d38d81cf771 in REPO_NAME" (javax.el.ELException) while processing "/WEBINF/jsp/crucible/review/monolithic/redisplayFrxDiv.jsp" (Referer:"https://my.company.url/cru/CR-PRJNAME-641")

javax.el.ELException: com.cenqua.fisheye.PathNotFoundException: File not found while getting Contents : Src/UlbsStub/ExternalSystemsStub/RequestHandling/GetAllPackageProductsHandler.cs@f33799bd7a65358446e02f2246ba1d38d81cf771 in REPO_NAME

Caused by: com.cenqua.fisheye.PathNotFoundException: File not found while getting Contents : Src/UlbsStub/ExternalSystemsStub/RequestHandling/GetAllPackageProductsHandler.cs@f33799bd7a65358446e02f2246ba1d38d81cf771 in REPO_NAME

Viachaslau August 25, 2014

here is parts of log touching the repo i am interested in.

WARN - Exception during FishEye Incremental Indexing of REPO_NAME: com.cenqua.fisheye.config.ConfigException: com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

WARN - Exception during FishEye Incremental Indexing of REPO_NAME: com.cenqua.fisheye.config.ConfigException: Unable to fetch from remote repository: REPO_URL

ERROR - Error getting current branch for git repo REPO_NAME

Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: While executing: "/usr/bin/git remote show REPO_URL" in [/home/atlassian/tools/crucible/var/cache/REPO_NAME/clone]

ERROR - Exception "null" (org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException) while processing "/rest/api/1.0/rest-service-fe/commit-graph-v1/details/REPO_NAME.json" (Referer:"https://my.company.url/graph/REPO_NAME")

Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 1 insert into cru_revision(cru_create_date, cru_commit_date, cru_author_name, cru_deletion, cru_file_type, cru_binary, cru_added, cru_modified, cru_moved, cru_copied, cru_detail_version, cru_source_name, cru_path, cru_revision, cru_revision_display_name, cru_upload_item, cru_oversize, cru_revision_id) values (1408949931879, NULL, NULL, '0', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'REPO_NAME', 782782, '232d444e7e1558fc9506f3ed527db8113294f576', '232d444', NULL, NULL, 1299736) was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause.

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2014

Log excerpts suggests the same, remote side rejects authentication and does not allow FishEye to communicate with it, see:

WARN - Exception during FishEye Incremental Indexing of REPO_NAME: com.cenqua.fisheye.config.ConfigException: com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

Have you tried clicking "Test Connection" button as advised in my first reply? I'm guessing credentials must have changed, so you may want to review authentication details on this repository, ensure appropiate username/password or ssh key is provided.

Viachaslau August 26, 2014

Yes, i tried clicking the button. It works fine. We are using ssh keys,it uses for a long time and it haven't been changed. And I think, that re-clone repository had to fix this problem.

May it caused by some restrictions in Fisheye for commit message(lenght,encoding,etc.)?

Viachaslau August 26, 2014

for example, the commit message due merge was: [XXXXXXX-9731] BR-6606. Внести изменения по BisquitReportRunner +review CR-XXXXXXX-684Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/feature-BR-6606-BANK' into pre-commit_ND_R4_BR6606

is the message ok ?

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2014

First of all apologies for late reply. I think at this stage you better raise this as a support request on support.atlassian.com. We would need to enable debug mode and see the details of the failure. Would you mind doing so? Kind regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events