We currently have a repository in stash that's configured to use the gitflow/release branch model (config).
Me and some colleague devs have a fork on which we do our day to day development in feature branches which are merged back into develop through a pull request which works fine!
Now we are going to release (release/1.4) and i'm kind of lost on how to proceed.
I've got a good grasp of gitflow working with the commandline but fail to see the picture with the pullrequest system in stash when working on my personal fork.
One workflow for this problem can be:
1) Master branch is the production ready branch. Only the Team leader has permissions to write or merge on Master branch.
2) Before starting the next Iteration for the Sprint release, you can create a new Release branch 2.0 on the Remote Repo
3) Every developer will checkout from Release 2.0 branch before coding. Then create a new Feature branch based on Release branch.
4) Developer will do coding and commit on Local Repo - Feature branch
5) Developer will push the Local Repo Feature branch to Remote repo Feature branch
6) by this time, Bamboo build will trigger for the Remote - Feature branch - if Build pass then Pull request can be created
7) If build pass, Developer creates the Pull request and assign to Team leader for code review
8) Team leader will do the code review and merge Feature branch to Release branch - later the Bamboo build will trigger on Release branch
9) later the Feature branch will be deleted
10) after all Features are developed and merged, finally when the Release branch is stable and build is also pass.
11) QA team will do all testing on Release branch
12) if all pass on Release branch, Team leader will merge from Release branch to Master branch.
I’m Jess, a Product Marketer for Jira Software Server and Data Center, and now a huge fan of our products. Read on for a 90 day, new-hire perspective on what it’s like to standardize on the Atlassian...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs