Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree git indexing every time

michael bordash December 25, 2013

Seemingly, since I upgraded to 1.8.0.3 on OSX 10.9.1 using embedded git, every time I run sourcetree and view a local branch or working copy view, I see git running in the Activity Monitor. It takes 45 minutes to finish what it's doing and I can't figure out what's going on. If I view the file locks that git is using in Activity Monitor, it looks as if it is scanning my entire local repository. ST has become unusable at this point and hoping I can hear some pointers on what to look for. ST doesn't appear to log commands it's running.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
michael bordash December 26, 2013

This turned out to be git, not ST. It was running git status everytime, running 100% CPU and taking forever to do anything in ST. What I ended up doing was building my own version of git, but 64-bit, then updating ST to use this 64-bit version instead of the embedded version or the one that comes with OSX. git status is now immediate on a repo with over 120,000 objects. ST back in business. Hope this helps someone.

1 vote
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

Hey Michael,

In this instance it'd be better if you raised a ticket on jira.atlassian.comincluding as much detail as possible. This way us devs can help track down the issue by narrowing it down further. (We mostly use answers for general Q&A rather than troubleshooting issues). I'll get an e-mail when you open the ticket up so I can look at it straight away.

Thanks in advance!

0 votes
michael bordash December 25, 2013

After killing the git process, ST popped a note to say that git status failed with code 9. Looks like this is not related to ST but git and my repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events