Source Tree crashes, then can't find git

Recently installed both the latest version of source tree (2.1.2.5) and Git on a windows 10 setup.

When I click on "Commit", source tree vanishes, which I can only assume means it crashes.  Then, when I go to re-open it, a pop up appears that says "We were not able to locate a Git install on your system already."  NONE of the 3 options it presents fixes the problem; the only way to bypass the window is to select "I don't want to use Git". 

I've already been through this once before; after totally removing source tree and resintalling it, I was able to get ONE commit through before Sourcetree crapped the bed again and started in with not being able to find Git.  Is this latest release straight-up broken? Is there any way to solve this issue?  All the threads I was able to find were completely unhelpful and/or ancient.  Thanks.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Rachel Wright
Published yesterday in Training & Certification

How to Extend your Jira Administrator Certification

...; didn’t   know about Jira email!  For example, did you know Jira will try to send a notification message 10 times?  I didn’t!  As soon as I learned that, I searched for any active...

100 views 2 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you